What factors determine where my listing appears in FazWaz search results?
The FazWaz search ranking algorithm looks at more than 30 different factors to decide how to order listings in search results. Most of those factors have to do with the current market demand, your listing’s details and how consumers are interacting with your listing.
Not every factor is weighed equally, and you don’t need to have a perfect listing to rank well in your area. The full list of factors we consider is proprietary but there are some signals which are relatively influential and can be shared.
Some of those include:
- How often buyers click on your listing in search results
- How often buyers send an enquiry from your listing page
- The price of your property in comparison to others in the area or project
- Completion of your listing - More details → Better user experience → Higher rankings
The main goal of the FazWaz search algorithm is to help buyers find the perfect property — and to help sellers create great listings that attract buyers, fast.
How can I improve my listing’s rank in search results?
The best way to immediately improve performance in search is by setting a competitive price for your property. Buyers are looking for great value, and by being one of the best-priced properties in the area or project, you have a very good chance of ranking high in search. Other ways to quickly boost your ranking:
- Make a great first impression. Make sure that your first photo is a high-quality, bright, attractive and horizontal image of your property. The more clicks your listing receives from buyers searching FazWaz, the higher it will rank in search results. Your featured image is one of the main drivers for clicks.
- Provide as many details about your property as possible. Try to answer all of the questions when listing your property on FazWaz, questions like: what floor is it on, what view does it have, what is the unit number, etc.
- Write project reviews. Share your knowledge about the projects and developments in your area and help other consumers to understand the pros and cons of those projects.
- Price your listing competitively. Just in case you missed it above :). Price is one of the biggest decision metrics that buyers look at when comparing listings. For that reason, it’s highly important to set a competitive price within your market.
What are other ranking factors that I cannot control?
Our search ranking algorithm attempts to show the best-matching properties in locations and projects that consumers are most interested in. To do this, we consider the following:
- Locations and projects for which we previously received the most enquiries
- Types of properties that buyers enquired for in a specific location
- How much time buyers are spending on your listing page
- How many buyers marked your listing as their favorite property
Those are factors that you cannot control directly. However, creating a listing with a good description, beautiful images and comprehensive detail can indirectly influence those factors.
Why can’t I find my listing in the search results?
Although not specifically a part of the FazWaz search ranking algorithm, part of performing well in search is being eligible and visible for searches in your area. Here are some factors to keep in mind:
- Verification delay: To avoid fake or fraudulent listings, our team manually reviews each listing. Therefore upon creating a listing, it can take up to 2 days before it is visible in search results, although during normal business hours many listings are approved same-day.
- Listings without images: If you do not upload any images for your listing it is not likely to be included on the first page of search results, since most buyers won’t click on properties without images, leading to poorer rankings.
- No filters applied. If your listing is in a popular location competing with lots of other listings, it may be necessary to apply several filters to see your property in search results. Don’t worry, these advanced filters are exactly how our buyers search for properties — if your listings fits their search criteria they will be able to find it.
We at FazWaz are continuously updating and testing our systems to achieve the best possible results for buyers and sellers alike. As such, these factors may be adjusted in the future.