For those looking to earn a rental income and work on your tan at the same time, Thailand is a popular choice. Two main options exist when looking to maximize returns and lifestyle benefits:
Developer Rental Management Programs - A project that is run with an onsite rental management program can be a perfect hands off investment that will allow owners some personal use during each calendar year of operation (approximately 30-90 days). Essentially projects are run like resorts with the operator and owners benefiting from economies of scale.
3rd Party Management Companies - Alternatively those looking to utilize the property more frequently may prefer the flexibility that a 3rd party private management company will provide. Such companies will handle all nuances associated with managing the property and is a great option if owners are looking for more flexibility or if a Rental Management Program is not provided.
Why Invest In Thailand?
The Thai economy continues to strengthen in-part to do with foreign direct investment (FDI). A global trend towards risk diversification in real estate has served as a catalyst to rising investment in the Asian and Oceania regions.
Thailand's geographic location in the centre of Southeast Asia promotes both business opportunities with surrounding nations and has positioned itself as one of the premier tourist destinations globally.
Why invest in Thailand can be summarized into 5 main categories
- Global Ranking - Did you know Bangkok is ranked as the world’s 1st most global destination cities? Thailand serves as a gateway to foreign investors across Asia with the second largest economy is SEA.
- Economic Outlook - Economic growth doesn’t only apply to Thailand but to the region as a whole. The expansion of the tourist sector caters to a forecasted 4% increase in GDP.
- Tourism - Thailand attracted over 38.27 million visitors in 2018 alone pouring nearly 2 trillion THB into the Thai economy (up 8% from the previous year).
- Political Support - With the general election behind, the government has recently welcomed foreign investment policy as some foreigned-owned business is now eligible to be registered with Thailand Board of Investment (BOI) attracting more businesses to the region.
- Infrastructure - With a population of over 70 million people and another 20 million + tourists, the government has launched Thailand 4.0 which is a measure to support and accelerate economic growth by investing 45 billion USD. Investment will be made into airports, railways, sea ports and motorways. Deemed the gateway to Asia the infrastructure will connect more than half of the world's population.
Ready to find your next investment? - Step 2 - Understanding Ownership Options